South Park National Heritage Area
We are so grateful…
Working with a local company like VistaWorks was important to us and we are so grateful that we have someone nearby to help with all our web design needs. VistaWorks didn’t hesitate to help us out when we wanted to add a mobile app to complement our website and they were always willing to answer questions and offer helpful advice on how to make our website and app the best they can be. I always recommend them when I hear someone needs a new website but isn’t sure where to start!
— Erica Duvic, Projects and Grants Manager, South Park National Heritage Area.
The “Real” South Park is a high mountain valley surrounded by towering ranges of the Rocky Mountains less than a two-hour drive from the Front Range cities of Denver and Colorado Springs. The South Park National Heritage Area was tasked with promoting the region and turned to VistaWorks. We designed a website that would showcase the area to potential visitors using high-end graphics and stunning photography.
Website Design and Development
- Custom Graphic Design.
- Complete Drupal Content Management System integration allowing staff to maintain all aspects of the website.
- Rotating Header photos, uploadable by staff
- Staff maintainable Events Calendar
- Site-Wide Search
- “Share Story” feature.
- Trip Planner
- Map Showing (Interactive and Filterable). Markers or Pins will be placed on the map to designate points of interests, and when a user places their mouse of the pin, information will appear about the particular location including: pictures, driving directions, description, contact information if applicable, etc. Driving routes will be highlighted on the map as well. Map shows the following:
- Heritage Sites
- User Generated Itineraries. An itinerary system will be created that allows website visitors to use the website to create their own trip itineraries. These itineraries can be saved off for later retrieval by the website visitors and can also be emailed.
- Pre-Determined Itineraries
- Interactive Timeline
- Donation Integration
Mobile Application Design and Development
- Data synchronizes with the website so the application is always current without having to roll-out application updates.
- Interactive Map shows locations of all businesses and points of interest.
- Map data is available ‘offline’, so even if user does not have internet access they will be able to use the Interactive Map.